Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wet n Wild Blue Had Me At Hello

Seeing as today's 31 Day Nail Challenge was to wear a blue nail varnish, I decided that today was the perfect day to post my thoughts on another Wet n Wild Palette - Blue Had Me At Hello. To complement my blue nails today, I wore this blue eyeshadow and a rather fetching blue outfit. :) I jest, I jest, the eyeshadow was worn a couple of weeks ago. ( And unfortunately I was just in my black work clothes today).

Anyways, onto this amazing palette. I love blue eyeshadow but every time I go to wear it, my brush hovers over the shadow and just before I lace my brush with powdery blue goodness....The Fear sets in. In this case The Fear relates to 'Oh no if this goes wrong everybody is going to think I look like I should be back in the eighties' fear. Frankly, I'm content to wear just about anything and I don't care what people think but there's just that 'thing' with blue eyeshadow and the eighties that just makes me shudder. 
Nonetheless after a few failed attempts of nearly using this palette I eventually managed to create both the looks as dictated by this palette.  


Left Side of Palette Swatches

Right Side of Palette Swatches



Right Side of Palette




I Used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
MAC Paintpot in Bare Study
The right side of palette as intended
Lancome Hypnose Mascara

I really like this side of the palette. There wasn't an awful lot of fallout from the shadows and there was good pigmntation in the colours. (As for the yellow toned pictures? eh I don't really know, I'm guessing I took them at night:()

Left Side of Palette




I Used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
MAC Paintpot in Bare Study
The left side of palette as intended
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero on upper lash line and half of lower waterline.
Lancome Hypnose Mascara

I loved this. Absolutely adored it. I feel that it creates a nice smoky eye that you could easily amp up even further for night time. Definitely preferred this side of the palette to the other.

So that concludes my posting for my  blue themed Wednesday today! Make sure to check back for day 6 of the nail challenge tomorrow. Nearly a week into it! 




2 comments:

  1. woww for blue makeup i love wet n wild eye pallet

    ReplyDelete
  2. The palettes are fantastic so they are! Really like them:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...