Sunday, November 13, 2011

Graduation Make-up and Nails

I didn't fall!!! Yay! That was such a relief :D

Graduation was such a great day, it was brilliant to see all my college friends and hard to believe that it had been 4 years since we all started out in college together.

Make-up


I wore a greeny teal dress with silver accesories. I didn't want my make-up to be too over done, nor did I want it to match or clash with my outfit. Normally that would mean I would go for a neutral brown eye (i.e. UD Naked palette) but that would mean using a lot of golds and I was wearing silver accessories and I wanted to keep my outfit cool-toned and the gold would have been way too warm-toned.
Eventually I decided to go for slight purple eye with silver/grey hightlights. I was really happy with how it turned out and it lasted all day and all night.

I did use quite a lot of eyeshadows, I always tend to do that when it's for a big event, like the more shadows I use the more important the event, haha!

Here's more photos of the eye look, they're not as good as I wanted but I really was rushing when I took these. All the same it gives the general idea of how my make-up looked.










To achieve this I used: 
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Mac Paintpot in Nubile
Mac e/s Yoghurt from lid to brow
Mac Quarry all over lid
Mac Fig 1. on the outer lid and 'v'
Mac Club on 'v', crease and lower lash line
Wet n Wild's 'Blue Had Me at Hello' Silver eyelid colour on inner lid and tear duct
Mac Smut on upper and lower lash line
Lightly patted all over lid was Mac Wedge
Mac Brule was used on brow
Mac Phloof! was placed just under the arch of the brow
The eyeliner used was Maybelline's Gel Eyeliner
Lancome Hypnose mascara
Dior Diorshow mascara
L'oreal Volume Million Lashes for Hazel eyes
Mac Chromographic pencil on waterline.

Nails

I contemplated going for a nude or pale pink on my nails but eventually I decided to go for grey. I felt it worked perfectly with my cool-toned theme, was still subtle enough not to be in your face but yet was not 'the usual'. My chosen grey was Dove by Zoya. It applied beautifully and is still looking good on my nails (applied Thursday night and this is Sunday afternoon) The photo I'm using is actually from a couple of weeks back, I didn't have glitter remains around my finger-tips on Friday!



Anybody else have Graduation coming up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...