Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Review: Too Faced 'Romantic Eye' Palette



The Romantic Eye palette is my second eye palette from Too Faced, the first being the Natural Eye palette which I reviewed here.

The eyeshadows

The 'how-to' cards

For each of the 3 eye looks, I followed the steps on the card. The primer used for each was Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden, the eyeliner was Maybelline Gel Eyeliner. The mascara used in the 'Day' look was Lancome Hypnose and for the 'Classic' and 'Fashion' looks the mascara was CoverGirl's LashBlast


Day







Classic







Fashion






Overall, like the Natural palette, this is a very user-friendly palette. Most of the eyeshadows are buttery soft and very easy to work with. The only exception is the colour First Dance from the Classic section. It's the deep purple colour and whilst I have no aversion to wearing dark purples, I felt that it was too dark in comparison to the lid colour that it was supposed to be used in conjunction with. It was also the most difficult of the eyeshadows to blend out. 

Overall my favourite eye look was the Fashion one. I feel that it is the only one that the colours blend seamlessly and easily together and would also be the easiest for a beginner to work with. 

2 comments:

  1. Three lovely looks there.

    I've often picked this palette up but have always put it back as I reckon I have enough similar colours already though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Paula, a lot of the colours are very dupable. the most unique shade out of it for me would be 'honeymoon' the middle colour of the last row. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...