Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Model's Own - The Beetlejuice Collection

When I first saw the press info on this new Beetlejuice collection way back in September or October I got really excited. I thought the colours looked fantastic and although I had never tried Model's Own before, it seemed as good as time as any to try them out. 

When they were released on Nov 1st I ordered them straight away, delighted to have purchased them before they were out of stock. Unfortunately, my purchase was not as straightforward as I presumed it would be. Nearly a month passed and I still had not received my order so I contacted Model Own's customer service. I'm delighted to be able to say that their customer service is fantastic. I got a reply within an hour offering me either a refund or a replacement order. I opted for the replacement order and I received it within a few days...however another few days went by and my original order turned up! It had just gotten lost somewhere along the way! I returned the second order but I was refunded my postage costs. I just wanted to give a little shoutout about Model's Own customer service as I feel we don't give credit to customer service teams who do a brilliant job often enough. I have no problem ordering from them again.

Finally on to the nail polish!

Emerald Green




Quite possibly my favourite shade in the collection, it is a true darkened emerald green.


Golden Green


This shade kind of reminds me of Chanel's Péridot but it is much lighter.


Aqua Violet

A beautiful colour, definitely more blue than purple on the nail though.


Pinky Brown


I think this shade is fantastic, full of shimmer and the two colours combine well together.


Purple Blue



I adore this shade, great depth of colour


As a first time user of the Model's Own polishes, I found the application to be good. The brush handles' were a bit larger than I'm used to which, made it slightly awkward to get the hang of but it's not a major deal.

Some more pictures!

Golden Green

Purple Blue

Aqua Violet

Pinky Brown

Emerald Green

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...